International Day of People with Disability plays an important role in promoting the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of life. Participation of people with disability is a key focus of the National Disability Insurance Scheme, which the Government unequivocally supports. The day also provides an opportunity for us to increase awareness of disability and reflect on barriers to accessibility.
I thank all of you who have supported and continue to support this important global day.
Together, we can recognize and celebrate our achievements as a community, and continue our mission to break down barriers for people with disability and open doors for an inclusive society.
What you can do to observe International Day for Disabled Persons?
TEN SIMPLE STEPS
1. Visit a Disabled Home nearby and spend quality time with them by entertaining them with songs & Dances
2. Distribute Clothes & Chocolates or other basic medical equipments to them
3. Have a joint meal with them along with your club members. This may bring immense happiness to them.
4. Organize competitions for the disabled Children and distribute prizes
5. Sponsor a Special Child in a Children’s Home for his / her yearly expenses
6. Invite a disabled person with special skills to your club to showcase his talent
7. You may Honor a Special Person by way of Awards for his/her special talents
8. Arrange ‘Vocational Training’ to Disabled persons from economically weaker sections
9. You may consider job opportunities to disabled persons which best suits him
10. You may organize a Campaign/Walkathon commemorating International Day of People with Disability.
Developed and Managed by RI Dist.3230 Web Team
copyright © Rotary3230.in